Looking for a placement that will equip you with the skills for a job in the software industry? We’re looking for you to join our team here at Core Blue for a placement year that will prepare you for industry-standard software development. You’ll join our agile development team, writing production code in large-scale cloud applications for real companies across the world.
During the first three months we’ll work alongside you to help build the skills you need to:
- Write best practice code
- Work in an agile team
- Test your code
- Setup deployment pipelines
Don’t worry if you’re not clued up on these technologies just yet, we’re here to teach you!
You’ll be required to review project requirements, make decisions and offer technical advice to the team and to our clients – we want you to look at features from your own perspective and offer up your own solutions for discussion.
What you’ll be
- Passionate, curious and excited by new technology and the tech industry as a whole
- Eager to grow and build your skillset as a software developer
- Motivated to research new technologies and introduce new tools
- Friendly and happy to communicate with the team and our clients
What you’ll have
- Completed your second year of Computing, Computer Science or equivalent
- A drive to achieve high standards both academically and practically
- High-Performance Setup – We only work on MacBooks + HD Monitor
- Activities – We regularly arrange activity days so we get the chance to relax together
- Relaxed work environment – Hard work needs to be balanced with relaxation, that’s why we subscribe to frequent beer deliveries!
- Progression – We want to develop your skills and help you grow within our team. You’ll be enrolled in certifications and schemes to help build your portfolio. If there’s something you’re passionate about, well endeavour to cover the costs to help you learn more.
- Responsibility – There’s no lack of shared responsibility, you’ll be doing all the same things all our software developers do.
- £17,000 per annum