Starting Summer 2019
If you’re looking to kickstart your software development career, this may be just the thing. We’re looking for a student of Plymouth University who’s excited and eager to start working on large-scale applications at a fast-growing company that will support their growth. Over the first three months, we will work alongside you to combine a developer’s skill set with an analytical mindset. Writing great code, working in an agile team, and seeing the bigger business picture – we’re committed to helping fast-track your career!
You’ll be responsible for supporting and building a range of business applications including internal business management tools, SaaS products, and communications tools. Our stack is predominantly LEMP (LAMP but with nGinx), PHP (often Laravel), Vue, React/React Native.
You’ll be required to make decisions and offer technical advice – we want you to have the option to implement features your way.
What you’ll be
- Passionate, curious, excited by new technology and the tech industry, and want to develop your tech skills
- You love learning and often end up teaching yourself about interesting subjects
- You have strong communication skills
What you may have
- First two years of Bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent experience
- Your own self-taught experience or curiosityinrelevant technologies
What your perks will be
- Freedom: You’ll have a generous budget to buy a high-spec MacBook or Ubuntu device and choice of your own screen and keyboard for your ideal setup.
- Flexibility: We’re flexible – flexible hours, flexible breaks, flexible chairs.
- Facilities: We’re at Plymouth Science Park, there are nearby nature walks for a peaceful lunch break, on-site showering and bike storage, various clubs including a running club and Pilates, along with an on-site café.
- Activities: We regularly arrange activities or fun days, so we get the chance to chill out together.
- Relaxed: Though we do work hard, we also enjoy a relatively relaxed environment. We even try and crack open the occasional beer.
- Development: We’ll add to your skill set. We’re aiming to become best in class. As such, you’ll be enrolled in scheme’s and have transferable skills, such as AWS certifications. We’re committed to your development. If there is something you’re passionate about, we’llendeavourto cover the costs to help you learn more.