Tech is at the heart of what we do, and it always will be. We’re passionate about working with ambitious developers who want to produce technically excellent software. If you want to work with a forward-thinking technology company this may be the role for you.
Though we work hard at Core Blue, we do like to find balance – whether that’s playing table tennis in the office, grabbing a drink or going out for a group activity – we’re looking for someone who will fit in as part of our close-knit team.
We’re keen to support your development, from investment in training and continuous professional development, through to genuinely flexible working arrangements and setups.
How you’ll help us
We’re looking to build a team of highly skilled developers who truly love what they do and are proud of what they create. As a PHP Web Developer, you may help shape our development practices and process. We’re looking for someone who is hands-on and willing to speak up at all stages of a project and learn along the way. You’ll be responsible for understanding and developing new platforms and services as well as expanding the functionality of existing platforms.
Required skills and experience
The majority of our projects are PHP (Laravel Framework) applications with elegant bootstrap frontends. We also have a keen interest in producing ReactJS SPAs, powered by RESTful JSON APIs.
The skills you’ll have are:
- Laravel Framework
- SPA concepts
Skills that would be beneficial:
- React + Redux
- SCSS (CSS preprocessors)
We take an Agile approach to development so familiarity with SCRUM and common practices within Agile development is a benefit.
A few perks
- Freedom: You’ll work with a high–spec MacBook or Ubuntu device and a choice of your own screen and keyboard for your ideal setup.
- Flexibility: We’re flexible – flexible hours, flexible breaks, flexible chairs.
- Facilities: We’re based in a modern, fun office in Plympton.
- Pension: 5% total pension contributions to our pension plan when you join.
- Activities: We regularly arrange activities or fun days, so we get the chance to chill out together.
- Relaxed: Though we work hard, we also enjoy a relatively relaxed environment.
- Bike to work: Get a new bike and keep fit by getting a bike through a payroll scheme.
- Development: We’ll add to your skill set. We’re aiming to become best in class. As such, you’ll be enrolled in training and gain transferable skills, such as AWS certifications. We’re committed to your development. If there is something you’re passionate about, we’ll endeavour to cover the costs to help you learn more.
£20,000 – £36,000 DoE