If you’re looking for the next step in your career, this may be just the thing. We’re looking for someone who’s excited to work on large-scale applications and systems at a fast-growing company.
You’ll be responsible for developing embedded systems (typically communications) including the design of simple electrical systems including control systems for robotics.
What you’ll be good at
- Analysing business requirements and implementing appropriate technical solutions
- Delivering projects with a team using version control systems like git
- Developing on embedded hardware
- Strong understanding of serial communications
- Strong desire to self-teach and continuously learn
What you may have
- Bachelor’s degree in Embedded Systems or Robotics
- Own embedded systems projects
- Specific knowledge of PPM (or PWM) and control systems
- Understanding radio communications (including FSK modems)
- Understanding of mesh networking
What your perks will be
- Freedom: You’ll have a generous budget to buy a high–spec MacBook or Ubuntu device and a choice of your own screen and keyboard for your ideal setup.
- Flexibility: We’re flexible – flexible hours, flexible breaks, flexible chairs.
- Facilities: We’re at Plymouth Science Park, there are nearby nature walks for a peaceful lunch break, on-site showering and bike storage, various clubs including a running club and Pilates, along with an on-site café.
- Pension: 5% total pension contributions to our pension plan when you join.
- Activities: We regularly arrange activities or fun days, so we get the chance to chill out together.
- Relaxed: Though we work hard, we also enjoy a relatively relaxed environment. We even try and crack open the occasional beer.
- Bike to work: Get a new bike and keep fit by getting a bike through a payroll scheme.
- Development: We’ll add to your skill set. We’re aiming to become best in class. As such, you’ll be enrolled in training and gain transferable skills, such as AWS certifications. We’re committed to your development. If there is something you’re passionate about, we’ll endeavour to cover the costs to help you learn more.
£24,000 – £28,00 DoE.